Hoteles en Islas Denarau
Denarau Island is a small island in Fiji and one of its most beautiful and popular spots for a relaxing getaway.
On the western coast of Fiji’s biggest island, Viti Levu, Denarau Island is connected to the mainland via a causeway. It is conveniently located next to Nadi International Airport, which means you can land at the airport and be in the pool within half an hour – now that’s a true tropical getaway!
Denarau Island is known for its quality resorts, great beaches and excellent amenities.
A visit to Nadi Town, just 20 minutes away, can take you into the world of ancient Fijian tribal traditions and customs.
That’s if you have time. Denarau offers all the activities to make your stay the perfect beach holiday. The marina offers sailing trips, island-hopping excursions or private charters to take you to a secluded beach for the day. You can take a dinner cruise to enjoy the spectacular Pacific sunset or, if you’re game, sign up for a jet boat ride.
Denarau is also home to an international standard 18-hole golf course and racquet club.
As the soft coral capital of the world, a visit to Fiji wouldn’t be complete unless you did some snorkelling or scuba diving to witness the magnificent reefs and colourful underwater life.
When to go:
The best time to visit Denarau Island is in from May to October. Fiji’s wet season is from November to April.
- Indulge yourself at the Radisson Blu’s Harmony Retreat Day Spa, set on a private island surrounded by lush tropical gardens. In your private buré, receive a Sugar Glow, an exfoliating and hydrating treatment using coconut and natural sugar cane that will have your skin glowing.
- Charter a yacht to take you sailing through the spectacular Mamanucas or Yasawa group of islands.
- Ride in a traditional bamboo boat to discover the incredible rock formations at Naihehe Sacred Caves, which were once home to a cannibal tribe - this is not for the faint-hearted!
- A third of Fijians are Hindu, and the Sri Siva Subramaniya Temple is the largest Hindu temple in the southern hemisphere. Artisans from South India were summoned to Fiji to create this spectacular temple. Don’t miss it; it’s a short drive from the Radisson Blu, just 15 minutes from Nadi Town.
- Catch a seaplane or helicopter over the exotic Turtle Island, and see the world famous Blue Lagoon. You can be picked up directly from the Radisson Blu, or from Nadi.
- Spend a day taking in a round of golf or a game of tennis at Denarau Island Golf Club and Raquet Club. Follow it up with a refreshing gin and tonic in the club house.
- Shop in the boutiques of Port Denarau shopping plaza and treat yourself with a South Sea pearl necklace.
- Get some thrills by parasailing, which is easily arranged at the Radisson Blu.