Hoteles en Letterkenny
Latterkenny posee tanto paisajes preciosos como un gran centro comercial para poder disfrutar de ambos placeres. El acogedor Hotel Radisson Blu está situado a solo 5 minutos del centro urbano de Latterkenny, sus excelentes tiendas, bares y cines, sin olvidar el Museo del Condado de Donegal. El hotel es la base ideal para explorar la costa y las montañas de la península de Inishowen y un hermoso Parque Nacional Glenveagh.
Shopping in Letterkenny
Letterkenny started life as a small market town but today it is without doubt the best place to shop in County Donegal. The city has a broad range of stores from the small independent fashion boutiques, antique shops and Irish craft shops to big high street names, top fashion outlets and plenty of charm. Whether you are looking for a gift or a souvenir from your trip, a piece of jewellery or topping up your wardrobe, you have a lot of choice within walking distance of the hotel. Main Street has independent shops, pubs and cafes - you can easily sip on a coffee watching the world go by here - but if you want to make a day of it you could head to one of the new retail parks in Letterkenny or one of the three main shopping centres in the city.
Shopping Centres in Letterkenny
The Forte Shopping Centre is the closest to the hotel – just opposite in fact - and this two storey modern centre has both Irish and UK names including Homebase, Boots, Argos, TK Maxx, Next, Marks and Spencer, Benetton, Penney’s, Eason and Lifestyle Sports. As well as places to eat, it also has a cinema – so you really could spend all day here.
The Courtyard Shopping Centre in Market Square has a mix of Irish and UK stores including Benetton, Penney’s and Heatons. It also has free parking. Market Square is a pleasant place to have a nose around too.
The Letterkenny Shopping Centre is the largest shopping centre in the city and it attracts shoppers from across county Donegal. You’ll find everything from Hatton Goldsmiths to Penney’s here and plenty to eat and drink. It’s on the Station Roundabout in the centre of town and has free parking for 660 cars.
Letterkenny in County Donegal is a wild and beautiful place. Here are five activities and experiences you could try during your stay.
- After relaxing for a day you might want to burn off a bit of energy. Letterkenny has an action packed Activity Centre where you can have a go at archery, go karting and even rolling down a hill in a giant ball – zorbing.
- Close to the town is the inspiring 10,000 hectare Glenveagh National Park. This is where you’ll see County Donegal at its most beautiful from the mountains to the lakes and woods. You can follow a nature trail or take a guided tour. As well as the wilderness there is also a visitor centre for you to find out more about the castle and its spectacular gardens including a Victorian Garden and a stunning Walled Garden.
- For an easy morning out visit the Beltany Stone Circle around 20 minutes’ drive from Letterkenny. There are 64 huge stones which date back to 1400-800 BC at a site with wonderful views. You can take a walk and try and work out why the stones were put there all those years ago.
- Water water everywhere! Donegal has some of the largest working waterwheels in the Emerald Isle and Newmills Corn and Flax Mills have been used to grind oats and barley and sort flax for hundreds of years. There’s a video which explains the history and you can take informative guided tours. There’s a pub next door too if you need a bite to eat.
- County Donegal has some incredible Blue Flag beaches and Letterkenny is within easy reach of them. Ask the hotel concierge for which beach suits you best – for surfing, walking, paddling or rock pooling. If you want a cliff walk take a day trip to the Sliabh League – these cliffs are a major attraction in County Donegal as they tower 600m above the rolling Atlantic Ocean and have a fascinating wartime history as well as far reaching views.