Green Hotel in St. Petersburg Strives to be a Responsible Business
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Radisson Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a programme called Responsible Business (RB).
Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, environmental improvement, employee well-being and health and safety. That commitment continues with the Responsible Business plan at this green hotel in St. Petersburg. To read more about the RB programme, please visit Responsible Business.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organization recognised by the Radisson Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of Childhood is to defend the rights of the child and to promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children at risk all over the world.
- Extensive RB Action Plan
- Separation of waste (paper, carton, oil, and other waste) for recycling
- Flow-restrictor taps in order to conserve water
- Preventative maintenance programme
- Recording and monitoring consumption of gas, electricity, water and waste
- Pro-active Responsible Business team with a member from every department in order to involve all staff in RB activities
- Use of energy-saving lamps
- Collecting empty batteries and cartridges, fluorescent lights and oil for recycling
- Providing RB training for staff
- Saving electricity and water by using washing machine only when it is full
- For housekeeping needs, the hotel uses only environmentally friendly cleaners from Ecolab®
- Energy-saving device in each room helps to save electricity
- Cards placed in bathrooms to let guests know that towels will only be changed when placed on the floor
Green Key recipient