Responsible Business - Let's take responsibility!Hotel practices Responsible Business
Taking responsibility has been a fundamental idea for the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group for many years. We are involved in creating a sustainable environment as well as acknowledging and improving social and ethical issues around the world.
Our commitment to the environment took on greater importance in 2001 with the creation of a special program called Responsible Business. Responsible Business is a program implemented in all of the hotels and an action plan specially designed for each hotel. This RB program covers areas such as community outreach, environmental improvement, employee well-being and health and safety.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and Rezidor's corporate international charity organization, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the Foundation is to defend the rights of the child and to promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children at risk all over the world.
As a Radisson Blu, the hotel lives by the "Yes I can" philosophy. This philosophy is demonstrated within every action and achievement of the hotel. The hotel assumes responsibility for its employees, the environment and even the world.
Here are some of the actions and achievements of the hotel:
- Adoption of two children in India from a charitable non-profit organization program through the company Onlus
- Living RB training for all employees
- RB Day: Day dedicated to the RB program with various activities (e.g., donating blood)
- RB meeting with "Pandora Association" - sponsorship to maternity
- RB party: An annual event in collaboration with "Agape 2000," a party dedicated to disadvantaged people
- 100% of the hotel's electricity produced from renewable energy
- New solar heating system for the swimming pool
- New water dispenser in all offices and staff canteen
- Recycling waste in collaboration with local municipality
- Reduction of light bulbs' watt and quantity with LED replacement
- Separating waste in all parts of the hotel with new basket in public areas