Responsible Business - Let's take responsibility!
Hotel practices Responsible Business
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a program called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, cultural heritage, employee and children’s rights, health and safety, and environmental improvements.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organization supported by the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the Foundation is to defend the rights of the child and promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children all over the world.
RB activities and achievements of this hotel include:
- All hotel employees undergo Living Responsible Business training.
- All employees receive first aid training.
- All guest rooms have a folder regarding the hotel's Responsible Business work and policy.
- The hotel gives priority to suppliers who are environmentally friendly and take social responsibility.
- The hotel donates food to homeless people.
- The hotel organizes different activities that profit the World Childhood Foundation.
- The hotel sponsors the Swedish Childhood Cancer Foundation.
- The hotel pursues an initiative of environmental certification (ongoing activity).
- The hotel undertakes energy-saving measures such as heat conservation, recycling and reducing water use.